Let us be honest.
SEO is a puzzle. It takes time for Google to rank your site. But what if there is a better way to deal with the “elephant in the room.?”
There is a better way to speed up your Google ranking fast. It won’t happen in a day, but these SEO tips are what a Guru in the industry uses to rank well in the SERPs.
The good news. They work if they are implemented and it can take like three months to get your site up and to earn.
1: Publish Long Content In-Depth Content.
Take a look around the web, what do you see?
If I Google today for the keyword SEO tips, I will get long content that are ranking high in the top 10. If you analyze top 10 results in Google, you will find that their content is at least 2000 word long. Take time to create in-depth content that you can use to outrank your competitor.
2: Publish Guest Blogging Posts.
The easiest way to get traffic to your site is to publish guest posts. Publishing guest post can land you a huge amount of traffic in days.
Guest blogging may be the easiest way to get traffic, but it also has its limitation. For example, not every influencer or site will just accept you if you publish weak content. It has to be something that is interesting and will pique the attention of its audience.
Want to learn how to guest post? Try the Guest blogging course by Jon Morrow. This course teaches about pitching your article ideas and getting accepted.
3: Long Tail and Latent Semantic Indexing Keywords
Long tail keywords are shaping the way searchers are looking for information on Google. Today, searches are getting more specific about what product or services they want.
You won’t find somebody searching “wedding dress.” Rather, they search for things like “wedding dress designers” or “Wedding dress styles.”
Important To Note: You need to find a micro niche in your industry that to find long tail keywords. As for LSI keywords, are synonyms for that keywords.
A combination of the long tail and LSI keywords can fetch good ranking in Google.
4: Find Successful Proven Content (How To Find Them)
You’ve heard of writing quality content most of the time. But what exactly is quality content and how do you create them? That is what I will answer.
If I went to Google and searched for the term “bridal gift ideas” I will find a couple of things:
First, people looking bridal gift ideas prefer list articles type of content. Second, people searching for this bridal gift ideas prefer images more than videos.
Once you know this, the next step is for you to find a way to beat them (your competition…)
First, if they have published 15, 20 or 30 bridal gift ideas, what you do is to publish 60 or 70 bridal ideas. Second, look at the user experience of the content. How is the content formatted? Does it have good images or is poor. From this example, I believe you will come up with creative ways to make your content better.
Second, look at the user experience of the content. How is the content formatted? Does it have good images or is poor. From this example, I believe you will come up with creative ways to make your content better.
5: Email Outreach
I want you to keep this rule. If you decide to publish great content, always have a plan on how to promote it.
Majority of new bloggers publish great content and wait for the traffic to flood. It will never happen. You must be willing to promote your content the right way. And the best way is through email outreach.
It works like this. After you have published your bridal gift ideas post, the next logical step is look for the email address of people who have linked to posts on Google’s first page. For this to work, you need to come up with at least 200 or 300 email address, and send them all to these people.
Just ask them this.
“I noticed that you linked to this article. I got inspired by it and decide to update it. Here is the update article that you can link to.”
You won’t get links from all these people, but you are not striving for quantity. Even 15 or 20 links to you that is enough.
6: Create Your Brand Of Keywords.
Building your brand of keywords is the easiest way of beating your competitor.
For example, Brain Dean, a famous internet marketer, came up with the keyword “Skyscraper techniques.” Today, this keyword ranks number one on the first page of Google.
To create your own brand of keywords, you need to be a little bit creative and original.
Figure out the things that you can associate with your industry. For Brian Dean, he associated creating pillar content with skyscrapers. It is that easy.
7: Publish This Killer Types Of Content
Not every content that you publish on your blog will bring the kind of traffic that you want.
You must work with proven, tested content if you want to have a chance of getting traffic.
- First, how-to articles. If you can show people an easy way of doing something, you can attract lots of visitors to your site.
- Second, expert roundups. Expert round posts are also called ego-baiting posts. The good things about publishing them is that experts in your industry will be willing to promote. They will want to show their subscribers and fans, how famous they are. Expert round posts can be like ‘the best paleo diet blogs to follow.’
- Third, advanced guides. Every blogger that wants to have a chance of not just getting traffic, but succeeding in internet marketing needs to have a guide. Every successful marketer has one.
- Fourth, Expert interviews. If you can interview experts in your niche either asking them for their tips or advice. You can become an authority in your field.
- The fifth type is list posts like this one.
8: Best Keyword Research For SEO Competitive Analysis
Keyword research is part of SEO.
Having the best tool will help you know the kind of keywords that people are searching. Here is the best list that you can choose from
- Bulk Keyword Generator. This tool was designed to find keywords for local SEO. If you own a local business, you can use this tool to find query and searches people are searching.
- Long Tail Pro. If you want your site to rank in a matter of weeks, this tool can help you. If you buy the premium version, it has competitive analysis features for showing you how competitive a keyword is. The analysis score ranges from 1 to 100, with 100 being the most competitive.
- SECockpit. These tools will give you more killer results than the above tools. With this tool, you will be able to drill down low competition keywords. The tools also will give you top ten results for each analysis that you perform.
9: Diversify Your Traffic Sources
Search engines such as Google changes their algorithms every day. Therefore, depending entirely on them can hurt your site’s ranking and traffic. A good alternative would be to try out PPC marketing, although it looks expensive.
The good thing with PPC marketing is that it can be duplicated. You can also advertise your site on social media.
10: Get Acquitted with SEO copywriting.
For your site to achieve better ranking you don’t need to be a better writer. You need to be a better copywriter.
Copywriting skills will help you write killer headlines like the one in this article. You will also know how to hold people’s interest with better introductions and captivating sub-headlines. If you learn copywriting skills, you can reduce your site bounce rate.
11: Metrics That You Need To Track
The success of any website depends on few metrics, and if you can only improve on these metrics, it can have an enormous impact on your traffic. Here is what the following parameters mean:
- Pages per visitors: You will want your reader to read more of your content once they are on your site. There are two ways to improve this. By either linking out to other content on your site. Or, creating a sidebar to showcase most of your favorite content.
- Bounce Rate: Bounce rate indicates how visitors interact with your content. A bounce rate of 50% means that you have good content on your site. A higher number than that means that you have weak content. Bounce rate can be reduced by writing persuasive copy which can hold people’s attentions.
- Conversion goals: Google Analytics has this feature so that you can know how you are performing. Search traffic is good, but if it doesn’t convert then the content on your site needs to be improved.
12: Improve Your Sites Speed.
To rank high on Google, your site must load faster for both desktop and mobile viewers.
Having cache plugins installed in your site is not enough. If you want to improve your site speed in record time you need to either invest in a good hosting company such Bluehost. I always highly recommend this hosting powerhouse and it definitely will improve your site load time.
13: Optimize Your Pages Perfectly
Perfectly optimized pages will let the search engines know what your pages are all about. Well-optimized pages have the following element that will make it easier for the search engines to understand your pages.
- Meta descriptions. Well-written Meta descriptions will help users understand what your page is. Meta description should be under 150 characters. More than that, it will be truncated by Google. When you write Meta description focus on word choice, query match, character length, and call to action.
- Keyword Prominence And density. The keyword that you want to rank should be included within the first 100 words of your introduction. And should be spread naturally throughout your article. Keyword density indicates your keyword to text ratio. The industry recommends keyword density is 1%-3%. Keyword prominence or dominance is the number of times your keyword appears in the content.
- H1, H2 and H3 Title Tags. If you want to improve your content’s user experience, you should have two or three title tags in place. Having these tags tells the search engine how structured and organized your content is.
- Images. Every post you publish should have pictures. And they should be well optimized. Just because images are going to improve your on-page SEO, it doesn’t mean that they should just be splashed throughout the content. You need to have or find photos that relate to your topics. If you are publishing a post about recipe tips, you should have a picture of a chef in the kitchen or something similar.
14: Generate 100 Blog Post Ideas For Your Blog.
Most beginners that fail in content marketing and SEO have 15 or 20 blog posts, and they expect to see traffic.
Well, here is the brutal truth. If you want to succeed in SEO, you need to at least publish 100 blog posts in a single year.
Why this? 100 posts will tell you which keywords are bringing traffic to your site. Second, you will also learn what type of content your readers enjoy reading the most.
You have to understand that SEO takes time. You are not going to see this ranking in days or weeks. It will take from 3 to 6 months, that’s when you will see your sites ranking. However, there are two tips mentioned in this article that can scale up your traffic.
Guest blogging and email outreach. These two SEO techniques alone can accelerate your ranking faster and make your site get indexed. Here is a quick take away exercise for you to implement guest blogging.
First, find five influencers in your industry. Second, use tools such as Buzzsumo to find the most shareable content they have in their blog. Third, you can do this by just putting the competitor’s url in Buzzsumo. Fourth, pitch them with your idea. Fifth, if they accept proceed to publish the post.
Know any other tips worth mentioning?
As always I would love to hear from you please leave a comment below or Drop me an email at Catherine@e-techafrica.co.ke tell me a little bit about yourself or your business.
You can also send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org